be part of the Metaboards team
We are looking for a talented Research Engineer who will:
- Develop and run numerical models of metamaterial-based RF systems and devices
- Develop and implement optimisation strategies for RF systems and devices
- Design and run proof-of-concept numerical experiments for innovative technologies
- Assess the performance of innovative systems and devices numerically and experimentally
- A PhD degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Research mindset: ability to break down and solve complex problems
- Experience in and responsible attitude to generating timely high-quality scientific/ engineering reports
- Responsible attitude to collaboration and independent work
- Strong background in Metamaterials and Electromagnetism
- Solid understanding of Circuit Theory and ability to build and analyse circuit models of RF systems
- Experience in developing numerical and analytical models of electromagnetic systems
- Hands-on experience in designing and running RF experiments
- Proficiency in using Python/ Matlab for research and development purposes
- Ability to use Linux OS
Nice to have
- Experience in operating oscilloscopes, vector network analysers, spectrum analysers, power meters, programmable loads
- Understanding of solid-state physics
- Experience in collaborative software development (Git)
- Experience in working in a team
- Experience in working in a start-up environment
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metaboards recognises the service provided by recruitment agencies and as such have a Preferred Supplier List, with whom terms of business have been agreed. Only suppliers who have signed up to these terms can place candidates with Metaboards and will receive instruction directly from us to do so for each individual role. Metaboards is therefore unable to consider speculative CVs or proposals from any other third party and any speculative CVs or proposals being sent into the firm will be treated as gifts.
As such, Metaboards reserves the right to contact directly any candidates who have been speculatively submitted by a third party and shall therefore not be liable for any fees whatsoever should it choose to engage the candidate’s services. Furthermore, speculative submission of candidate CVs does not establish a right of representation should the same candidate’s details also be submitted by a Metaboards Preferred Supplier or independently by the candidate themselves.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs and proposals to Metaboards will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of these terms and agreement that these terms are the totality of any commercial or contractual relationship whatsoever in respect of the candidate(s) whose unsolicited CVs were sent.